Saturday, July 25, 2009

Does my website hosting company effect how fast the web updates your page in other states?

I updated my webpage a few days ago, and someone in New York said that they were seeing a very old page. Aside from the Cache, do you think that a cheaper hosting provider would do a worse job of getting my website changes out across the web to the different internet providers?





Or maybe it is the person's internet provider that is slow in getting my changes up???





Let me know your thoughts, and thanks a million.
Does my website hosting company effect how fast the web updates your page in other states?
No, the ISP has nothing to do with any of that. If the page is updated on your server, then the changes will be reflected immediately to everyone who visits your site. That person could have been looking at an archived version of your site on another server (like Google's cache) or simply seeing something saved on their computer. Good night!
Does my website hosting company effect how fast the web updates your page in other states?
maybe the user using proxy server for connection to internet.


sometimes, proxy will shows the files in the cache folder.





this can be solve if the user pres Ctrl+F5 key.





cheers
Reply:base on my experience it either isp or the visitor. i experienced in my previous isp that save websites in their cache and updates it occassionally. so when i upload my website, people with the same isp with me don't see the updates.





the other reason maybe the visitor has not updated its cache in their computer. they have to refresh their browser and sometimes need to delete their cache and temporary internet files then revisit the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment